If you’re first getting started in Seattle real estate investment you may have heard some advice about what to do but you should also find out what not to do. When you’re first beginning your journey you want to make sure that you end up in profit right from the start. Isn’t that why you’re planning on doing Seattle real estate investments in the first place?
Here is a list of the top five mistakes that beginning real estate investors make:
1. The absence of a putting a proper plan in place is the biggest mistake a novice investor will make. Not planning ahead can cause irreparable damage to your future plans as an investor. Instead of simply jumping into action and assuming all will pass smoothly, you should take your time and devise a carefully researched plan to investing in Seattle property.
2. The second biggest mistake a Seattle real estate investor can make is thinking that the money will come quickly, and that real estate is an easy and fast way to make money. Real estate is a slow process and takes a lot of patience and know-how. Real estate is not a business that you should be casually flowing around with. When you take it up, do it with serious intentions of long term goals.
3. Many people assume that selling or buying land is a simple task to carry out on their own, but this is not the case. Hire a Seattle real estate broker to handle the paper work, negotiating and other items that may come up.
4. Many investors will not negotiate properly and will fall into the hands of greedy fast talking people that make them pay more than necessary. Do not pay more than required, and make sure that you are not being persuaded to do so.
5. If you do not know exactly what you are doing and what the real estate business is all about do some reading on it first. Get involved with some investment groups in the Seattle area as well and see if you can find a mentor. Look for someone that does well with real estate and would be willing to help you out, perhaps for a fee.
Sign up to have FREE WEEKLY UPDATES on the latest Seattle real estate market activity in specific zip codes we follow e-mailed to you weekly.